By Kathleen Boucher
Have you ever wondered in your busy day where the time went? Did you follow your heart when you chose your profession, married your mate, had your ten kids? Did you write down your goals at fifteen years old only to have accomplished hundreds of them shouting at the top of your lungs I have five thousand more to go before I die! Did you follow your heart? Or are you stuck in a job that you hate, working long hours for little pay, stuck in traffic breathing in fumes from cars surrounding you? Is your energy depleted, your hair thinning, your nails brittle, or your skin sagging with each passing day?
Don’t despair because today is a new day, a new beginning. All the days in your past were practice days to see what fits and what doesn’t! Hurray! Today you are going to follow your heart! What? You have forgotten how? You are out of practice? No problem!
Let’s try this. Are you able to recall a memory from your childhood that made your heart soar? It could be as simple as sitting in the grass on your back lawn and watching the clouds go by with your best friend. Were you counting how many clouds looked like angels flying by? And the grass felt so soft and inviting beneath you, full of life. Or it could be spending time with your Grandpa, Grandma, Dad or Mom or best friends sitting on a lawn chair soaking up the rays with a tall glass of ice cold freshly squeezed lemonade with a straw that bends at the top. The ice cold fluid tantalizes your taste buds with the zing of the tart lemons sliding down your throat as you reminisce that life is good and you don’t have a care in the world. Isn’t life wonder in this single moment?
Absolutely! Life is wonderful in any single moment because you take the time to replenish your spirit on a daily basis, don’t you? Well, don’t you? Aw… can’t you see. Here lies the problem. Your spirit may be deleted because you’ve forgotten to fill up your cup on every day! Let’s brainstorm on ways to replenish your spirit for little or no cost to yourself.
- Take five minutes to practice EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) in the morning upon arising. If you don’t know what it is google it or go to this link at the bottom of this page.
- Say an affirmation that will energize you!
- I am attracting miracles into my life today.
- Every day in every way I am getting rich and richer.
- I command the universe to give me what I want. I’ve worked for it. I deserve it. May this or something better manifest for the highest good of all concerned.
- In fact it is always a good idea to repeat-May this or something better manifest for the highest good of all concerned to make sure that no one is harmed when you attract whatever you desire. For example say you want to attract ten thousand dollars. You don’t want one of your relatives to die in a freak accident just so you can acquire their inheritance. Wishing ill on another person only brings ill on you.
During the day,
- If you have a grumpy boss, a mean ex-wife or ex-husband, a nasty neighbor or a crazy teenager send them love today. Send them so much love they are saturated in it! You’ll be amazed at the change in their demeanor.
- Help anyone meaner, dumber, weaker or older than you. You can’t know what problems other people have so don’t judge them unless you walk in their shoes.
- Smile at everyone you meet.
- Buy a coffee for the person behind you.
- Visit a shut-in. If fact bring your dog when you visit. Then you’ll have something to talk about.
- Do you have friends with seemingly insurmountable problems? Get together with them and form a pray group. Pick the person with the most difficult problem. The group says a prayer for the complete resolution of the problem for that individual. Then at noon each day for a week each member says a two minute prayer for that person. You will be absolutely thrilled how fast their problems are resolved. The following week pick the next person with the most difficult problem and do the same.
Now, you have room in your heart to dream of what you want from this moment forward.
Live with joy because you are following your heart!
Photo credit goes to Bart LaRue on unsplash.com 314562