By Kathleen Boucher
Do you ever wonder how your kids will turn out? Have you ever considered that they are watching you all the time? They either follow your example or create their own path. You set the standard by which they work. How scary is that? Thank goodness you don’t have to be perfect!
Suppose your life has been fraught with mistakes. You have regrets of opportunities lost or poor decisions made. Well, guess what. The past does not equal the future. Where have you heard that before?
Today is a new day. Collect all those memories that no longer serve you and put them aside. Today is a new beginning. Today you are working on leaving a legacy for your kids! How exciting is that?!
Grab a cup of coffee. Sit down on your sofa or at your desk and take a moment to just breathe. Now I want you to dream. Dream big. Why not!? This is your life. Take back your power and change the status-quo!
Here are some questions to get you started.
- What kind of world do you want your kids to live in?
- What is one small change you can make today that will have a huge impact tomorrow?
- What is one decision that you can make today that will change the status-quo?
- What is one idea that you may have that will improve a product that will help people in your community?
- How can you help those that don’t have a voice?
- How can you persevere clean water in your watershed?
- How can you get young and old alike to clean up the ocean?
- What do you want to do to leave a legacy for your kids that is unique to you?
- What do you want your kids to remember most about your life?
- What will they say about you at your funeral?
- What do you want them to be most proud of?
When I wrote the book- I Did It For Brian. Teens: Save Our Oceans, Save The World my son said to me, “Mom, people say all the time that this or that needs to change but they don’t actually take action. You are taking action.”
Do you think he will follow my example? Only time will tell.
So, if you have a lofty idea to improve upon something don’t just talk about it. Take action. In fact, take action right now! Let’s face it. You are busy. If you don’t do it now then when will you find the time?
I have a crazy philosophy. If I don’t have time to do something I do it right away! Then I no longer worry about it! It may be counter intuitive but it works for me. You simply need to find what works for you.
Leave a legacy for your kids. Live without regrets! Have an amazing day!